Ample farms now stand on the former fields and orchards of Little Beard’s Town. This one borders on the Retsof sink hole, only yards from Boyd- Parker Park and in the shadow of the new American Salt Co. mine.
note: The Onondaga capital, Onondaga Castle, was burnt on April 12-13, 1779. At Rt. 11, near Onondaga. The Seneca capital, Little Beard’s Town, was burnt on Sept. 14-15, 1779. At Rt. 39, near Geneseo. The Cayuga capital, Goi-O-Guen, was burnt on Sept. 22-23, 1779. At Rt. 90, near Aurora. See its 1929 Redux, in the L. P. Hecht Gallery.