The collapse and flooding of the old Retsof mine shafts created this toxic sink hole. It lies beneath the Geneseo- Cuylerville road bridge, only 50 yards from Boyd-Parker Park, at the heart of Little Beard’s Town.
note: The Onondaga capital, Onondaga Castle, was burnt on April 12-13, 1779. At Rt. 11, near Onondaga. The Seneca capital, Little Beard’s Town, was burnt on Sept. 14-15, 1779. At Rt. 39, near Geneseo. The Cayuga capital, Goi-O-Guen, was burnt on Sept. 22-23, 1779. At Rt. 90, near Aurora. See its 1929 Redux, in the L. P. Hecht Gallery.